August 11, 2012

Random Soapbox for Saturday 8/11/12

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... once again several television commercials are just upsetting me to the point where I have to say something somewhere to someone.  And someone who watches at much TV as I do (I've accepted that it's an addiction) is bound to get frustrated with the repetitive ads no matter how much I do to avoid them (i.e.  watch TV on the DVR, or on demand, or on delay, or find shows that aren't ad supported) ... but I have a bone to pick with the following companies and their high profile  ads:

Magic T or My hip-T or whatever variant of the "buy this to hide your muffin tops" that I keep on seeing late at night ... although you are doing somewhat of a public service, please turn it up a notch and consider that this should really be your message:  BUY SHIRTS THAT FIT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

AT&T with your ad that features the original husband of Bree from early seasons of Desperate Housewives and the daughter going off to college that ends with the surprise twist of the son moving back home -- when he closes the ad and announces "I smell toast" -- that should be a cause for alarm as it's a sign of a stroke -- not a call to action to purchase more of AT&T's services from their generally lousy customer service agents.

The new public service add for men getting regular prostrate exams that is set in a diner and includes some old man demonstrating to a stock character of a sassy black woman how polyps are found and removed by using the peas and mashed potatoes on his plate that ends with him eating the peas that represent the polyps -- that's disgusting and gives the cartoon bears who constantly talk about the dinkleberries on the hair on their rear ends a run for its money in the category of most disgusting ad ever.

Hey Total Transformation lady who says you'll give away for free the program that you and your husband created with behavior modification tips for teens, you'd impress me much more if you had your actual child that you "modified" in your ad to back up your story of its effectiveness.  Since I only see your ad on FOX programs, I have a feeling you're talking in code ... and I fear your behavior modification might be use of shock or some other curative therapy to "straight"en out a child.

And Walmart -- the harder you message that it's a surprise that your steaks are so good "after all", the more you are reinforcing the fact that people should be surprised when the food they buy in your big box store tastes good (i.e. normally food her sucks, but hey -- our steaks -- they're really good)!.  Methinks you're hitting that message a little too hard.

Okay ... got that off my chest.  Now I can go work on that DVR and try to drop it below 98%!

SINCE I USED THEIR PIC THAT I FOUND ON GOOGLE, I SHOULD PROVIDE THE LINK:
http://www.myhip-t.com/

HEY LADY ... I SMELL SOMETHING FISHY HERE ...:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnbioeZYfHI

OF COURSE, YOU MAY BE BURNING TOAST SO CHECK THAT TOO:
https://www.healthtap.com/#user_questions/87400-is-it-true-that-you-smell-burny-toast-when-having-a-stroke-if-so-what-is-happening

No comments:

Post a Comment