January 1, 2015

Random Thought for Thursday 1/1/15

It's not official until it's on the Facebook, no?  Without further ado ... in 2015, I resolve to:

1)  Volunteer somewhere doing something (vague, I recognize ... but I need to find somewhere local to spend some time).
2.)  Get to the ocean more (I mean, I live here in Florida with it a few blocks away ... and I've only been in the Atlantic once since the big move).
3.)  Present a more ocean-friendly body (everyone can stand to exercise a little more -- preferably accomplished by me riding a bike again).
4.)  Move to a new place (in case you missed it in my year's wrap-up post, the landlord wants this homestead back by May 1 ... so a new domicile is in the cards).
5.)  Find gainful employment (in case you also missed it, my position in my company wasn't funded in 2015, so, starting Saturday, my classification is officially "unemployed").
6.)  Watch Days-of-our-Lives again (I stopped on 4.10.12, but if ever there was a perfect combination, unemployment and the afternoon soaps seem like a great one).
7.)  Wrangle my finances (my quarter of a million dollar student loans can only be pushed off for so long).
8.)  Visit Chicago for the first time since leaving it (courtesy of a former colleague's wedding over the Fourth of July holiday).
9.)  Continue the "chasing the Super Bowl tradition" (which means spending Feb 1 in the place where the Super Bowl was held *last* year i.e.  Hello New York).
10.)  Do everything possible to dip my feet into the only Great Lake where I have yet to do so (which, for me, is the elusive Lake Ontario ... so it sounds like a trip to Toronto or Rochester is called for).
11.)  Eat more burgers in more places on my Burger Quest (I've been to 9 of 25 places ... but a west coast trip might be needed).
12.)  Reduce that thing I'm doing that's not bad for me but is just excessive (I might be talking about bacon ... but maybe not).
13.)  Organize my post 2008-photos (once I went digital, I lost the commitment to making them tangible).
14.)  Update my family research files (stories, photos, next generations ... all need to be documented).
15.)  Revive Lorem Ipsum (the short story I was writing one status update at a time on the Facebook).

Perfect.  That should keep me busy.  Lots of action words there.  Happy 2015 to you and yours!

YOUR GOVERNMENT WANTS TO HELP:
http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/New-Years-Resolutions.shtml

RUNNING THE NUMBERS WHEN IT COMES TO RESOLUTIONS:
http://www.statisticbrain.com/new-years-resolution-statistics/

DULY NOTED ... 66 DAYS TO MAKE A HABIT YOUR DEFAULT:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bernadette-farrell/5-ways-to-make-your-new-y_b_6395732.html


No comments:

Post a Comment